The sales process in the business-to-business landscape has become increasingly challenging over the years. To close deals faster in the current business scenario, a company cannot merely depend on the talent and tenacity of its sales members. Firstly, companies need to structure their sales process and make it efficient, which can be achieved by focusing on Sales Cadence.
Sales Cadence is the process of arranging the sales activities in a sequence to achieve the desired sales objective. For instance, one such goal could be to capture online leads by getting your website visitors to fill out a subscription form. To achieve this goal, you would need to do a set of things in tandem. You would have to create a website initially, run a sales campaign, offer things that your target audience would like to subscribe and get them to land on your campaign’s landing page before sending out the acknowledgment email. All these actives, when performed in a ‘Cadence’, can help your sales team to achieve the desired outcome.
Why has Sales Cadence become necessary?
Due to the growing number of distractions and challenges in the B2B sales process, Sales Cadence has become even more necessary. Typically, a salesperson has to contact each prospect at least 8-10 times to get the desired attention. The number of attempts will only increase if a company is operating in a competitive market. It’s because the competing firms would be targeting a similar set of prospects, and would be bombarding them will loads of promotional calls and advertisements. As such, sales personnel would have to follow a systematic process to reach out to the prospects. Sending follow-up emails and trying to call the potential customers as per a schedule would become part of their cadence. However, the sales personnel could end up missing these schedules activities when on a business trip or working on other urgent tasks. As such, following the sales cadence manually could be tricky. For this reason, professional salespeople need sales cadence software, which would help them automate their scheduled activities.
A sales cadence software can help the sales professionals increase sales productivity as it would remind them of making sales calls as per the cadence plan. It would also send out the cadence emails automatically based on a pre-defined schedule. When the sales cadence software features are integrated into a CRM, it can be even more beneficial. The following are some of the advantages:
• The process of calling the prospects as per the sales cadence would be automated using auto-dialing tools
• Sales personnel can create unique profiles of the target audience by defining an ideal prospect and use it as a reference. The personas can be integrated into the CRM to ensure all sales cadence calls and emails are sent to the right type of prospects
• CRM analytics tools can be used to compile different messages with varied content. The response to these messages can be tracked to analyze the outcomes to see what works best
• Sales professionals can use the information about the prospect from the CRM and schedule sales cadence emails and calls at different days and times, following which they can track the response from the prospects and optimize the scheduling process
• Sales cadence would also include adding a chatting tool to the corporate website and documenting the conversations into the CRM
• The CRM software, when integrated with a sales dialer, can also help in recording all the inbound and outbound calls. Also, the documentation would be automatically stored into CRM
• Using the information from the CRM, sales professionals can also develop an automated workflow based on the sale cadence. The workflow would help organize the process of managing the leads. The CRM software can also be used to keep the information about each lead up-to-date
For sales professionals looking to close deals faster, creating and implementing a sales cadence plan can be quite beneficial. Moreover, automating sales cadence using sales cadence software and CRM software amplifies those benefits. The sales automation tools are easy to work with and offer many customization features. Also, the sales cadence software can automate the process of data collection and data entry into the CRM, keeping all the sales members updated with the latest information. Thus, you can use sales cadence to structure your sales process and close deals faster.